Take time to smell the... fish?

Today my sister took one of her entrance exams, and the whole family plus our grandparents from the mother's side waited for her. While waiting, we decided to go around Seaside Boulevard and to the part of the bay with many yachts and fish - and I mean a lot of fish. You could take a water dipper and scoop some from the water and, viola! a lot of small fish for dinner. Though, it's prohibited (the catching of small fish). Some locals were catching shrimp and mid-sized fish, and my forever too friendly and too adventurous grandfather went to the other side of the barricade and was talking to the locals, asking them to get him some fish, haha.

I told myself that I would own babies like these in the distant future. Oh yeah, sailing!


This is my dad and my brother checking out the 'fish in the sea'.

Nope, my dad doesn't fish. A local caught it but it was too small so dad put it back in the water. It took him a while though. He was cheerfully taking some time to smell the... not flowers.

Today reminded of childhood days when the family used to go to far places and just relax. It simply made me happy. All this growing up and getting busy has left us all so hmmmmm, busy? Taking time to smell the flowers once again was just heavenly. Guys, my advice to you, go out and forget all your work, and when you come back to it, you are sure to do better.

Popular Posts