Five People You Meet In Paco

Paco is an old place in Manila. There you could find Rizal Park where the Philippines' National Hero, Jose Rizal was shot by colonial soldiers. You could find a small convenient store named Cham's. You would hear men playing kawayan instruments that very much resembles a xylophone, and, in Paco, you would meet five of the craziest people.


Let me introduce you to Jurene. I have know her for more than three years now, because we go to the same university. She is definitely one super friendly and super talkative person who excretes all the energy in you - life of the party, yes. Her mouth is like a riffle and her energy like a bomb. But oh, she does have a calm side! When she is asleep maybe. 



Kendall (but for some reason, we call him Kenneth), is definitely a gentleman at heart. He treats people equally and is always concerned about other people's welfare. He's the engineer in the group! He also has good leadership skills. Whenever we get lost in Manila, he always leads the way in a calm manner and that drives out the crap in our scared little selves. He's like a city rat who knows the ins and outs of places and places.

Ryan (aka the microbiologist) is the one of the weirdest, most sabaw and malabo person. He's very friendly and it's easy to be around him. Know him for five minutes and it's like you've known him your entire childhood. It's easy to relate with him and bullying him can be hobby. *evil laugh* Oh, and just like me, he aims to be a doctor in the future! Along with Jurene, we hope to sit in class with him in Medical school. 

Byron (the marketing/chef/photographer guy) was actually the first alien I met in the office. He's very approachable and kind. He always feed us with homemade chocolate and pasta, and he brings merienda for the office. Woohoo for food!! They say friends that he is also the official photographer of #clingyfriends (our association). We actually had this goal of taking five hundred photos during our training. He's also the one who knows all about the economy, stocks, and market stuff. 


Lastly, I introduce myself. I am Liz. Hmmm, well, I'm just a small girl (both literally and not) with big dreams. I'm awkward and weird in many ways. Often, people would say "iba ka talaga, Liz". Not really sure what it means exactly but i guess they have a point. Sometimes, even I can't understand myself. Everyone in the office says that I speak really slow. Maybe it's some sort of defense mechanism of mine. I don't know why, but when I'm not close to a person, I tend to be extra behaved, haha!

Just so happy to spend my summer with people I can be weird with :) Summer is definitely not the last that I would see them. Definitely not.

A lot of first time experiences and escapades with them, a lot of sabaw moment, misunderstandings and drama. This is pure joy; This is friendship. These people, you find them in Paco, and after a few days, they now go to separate places, but, one thing is certain, that they are only separated by distance, and that one day, many days, they will break this distance and reunite once again.

#clingyfriends


Popular Posts