Diary by Chuck Palahniuk

DiaryDiary by Chuck Palahniuk
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Strange. This is my first book of Palahniuk's. It made me wince every now and then. Grotesque. Three stars because I find the twist of the story too weird and because the pacing was super slow at the beginning. For me, actual excitation happened only at the last one-fourth of the book. The turn of events was a big big big turn and I'm not entirely sure if I like the whole 'it was just a prophecy and people on the island are just beyond crazy' thing. It went from The Life of A Girl Named Misty into The Island of Horrors kinda feel. The things I do like about the book is the way it was written. Different. It was full of information, not just story. Trivia and other facts are chunked every now and then. The book was also very quotable.

View all my reviews

Popular Posts