My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

My Sister's KeeperMy Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The story revolves around two sisters, one of which was born to keep her sister alive. Anna was conceived by means of in vitro fertilization, a way for her to be a genetic match to her sister who has leukemia. Everything was taken from her, and she cannot even say no for saying no means allowing her sister to die. Anna soon decides to talk to a lawyer, who helps her in sueing her parents for medical emancipation. Anna not only decided too so that she may have the rights to her own body, but because it was a request of her sister, who already wanted to die peacefully. In the end, Anna wins the case but an unexpected accident happens to Anna, and in the end, she saves her sister once more.

The first book that made me cry. It is definitely a heart-melting story that one would remember. It made me appreciate life much more than I already have.

View all my reviews

Popular Posts